Palm Print Perfection – Home & Fashion

The Beverly Hills Hotel – infamous for its pink walls behind which Hollywood starlets would meet with Casting Directors, Marilyn Monroe frequented its bungalows, Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton honeymooned & John Lennon and Yoko Ono once spent a whole week in bed…… AND its wallpaper – yes that’s right, a Banana Tree Leaf print wallpaper was created especially for the Hotel in 1942 and has become one of the most iconic interiors prints ever since.

It’s still there to this day and the Martinique Banana Leaf Wallpaper is available to buy from the Beverly Hills based interiors shop who produce it – if you are happy to pay nearly $350 per roll!
(Pics from Pinterest)
I’ve always loved tropical prints and for me, palm greens mixed with blush pink tones are the epitome of retro, Californian cool.
This year’s Pantone Colour of the Year , greenery, has sparked a wave of jungle and foliage patterns popping up everywhere for both fashion and interiors.
I’m a big fan and as I’ve been obsessively internet shopping ready to revamp our lounge, I thought I would share a few of my ‘foliage finds’:

FASHION

(Pic 1 @deborahlake instagram, Pics 2&3 from Pinterest)
The print of D&G’s wrap dress has a great resemblance to the iconic wallpaper:
  For a more subtle look, this chic shirt dress from Sugarhill Boutique could be dressed up and down so easily, or a more casual maxi dress from Forever 21 is perfect for the summer months:
Both of these swimsuits from Topshop are flattering and sexy!
 There’s a very pretty and chic range of palm print silk scarves, clutches and bags from Bella Ballou if you prefer to just accessorise with prints:

HOME

(Pic 1 @mcblakewich instagram, Pics 2&3 from Pinterest)
There are lots of modern, alternative palm print wallpapers to choose from such as these from Graham & Brown:

and a great choice of soft furnishings if you’d rather make a statement with something less permanent!

Cushions – Etsy

Duvet cover – Next

Black and white cushion Zara:

Liven up a plain bathroom with this tropical shower curtain from Society 6:
or adding some pattern with these pretty retro wall prints:
 ……and finally, why not just introduce some real Palms?! This one from IKEA is an absolute bargain:
I hope that’s given you a bit of shopping inspiration, next week I have a lovely guest blogger talking about Corfu and a review of cruelty free cosmetics!

12 Comments

1. May 1, 2017 / 12:08 pm

This post has made my day!!! I’d kill to have a banana leaf wallpaper (not going to be able to afford it in a million years looks like!), it’s such a statement! And that pink bathroom!!! So many gorgeous pieces in this post, I literally want them all, definitely prefer the original, traditional pieces to their ‘tuned’ modern versions though… Guess what I’m listening to right now? ‘California Dreaming’ by Amason again! 🙂 Xx

• May 3, 2017 / 7:24 pm

I am obsessed with that original wallpaper! you can only buy it in packs of 3 so that’s $1000! I have actually found quite a similar modern one but it doesn’t have the same depth of colour. Sobglad you liked the post – that bathroom is my favourite…don’t you just want to jump into one of those pictures and live there forever? 😂😂😂

• May 5, 2017 / 9:20 am

Oh I love it Marie! I don’t know why but that print seems to work for absolutely everything….clothes, fabric, wallpaper!

2. May 14, 2017 / 10:41 am

Argh I love all this Palm Print! I’d die to visit the Beverly Hills Hotel one day. 💗

3. May 14, 2017 / 11:59 am

I think we can all agree that palm trees are the ultimate sign of relaxation.
    Green looks so great on others, but I hate it on myself. The most I can do is wear accessories that have some green in them.

4. May 14, 2017 / 4:02 pm

I’ve got to say, I think the classic is still my favorite! But I love the pink contrast – I’m terrible at pairing colors, so this inspires me to get bold with pink and palms!

5. May 15, 2017 / 12:10 am

I love the Palm print trend too, it’s so fresh and cali cool! I especially love the print on pillows and swim suits! I’ve also seen it on bed spreads. I love that wall paper is making a big come back too 😀

6. May 15, 2017 / 1:37 pm

I’m SERIOUSLY loving all things palm print at the moment!!! That pink and palm bathroom, OH MY GOD – dreamy!!!! Great post gorgeous xo

7. May 17, 2017 / 6:12 pm

I love GREEN! The Palm prints are stunning and so elegant. I love the palm maxi dress and the palm wallpaper. It is so bold but yet so stunning!

8. May 17, 2017 / 7:09 pm

I LOVE this post. I always said I wanted to live with sunshine and palm trees and I would be a happy girl and I did for a few years and WAS always happy! Thank you for all the great products to check out!

9. May 17, 2017 / 8:25 pm

Especially loving the black and white print throw pillow from Zara. I have never noticed foliage prints, but certainly think they’ll catch my eye a lot more after reading through your blog. Thank you for sharing all of your greenery finds.