Beauty subscription boxes have been quite the thing for a while now and I tried the Birchbox last year, but after a couple of months when I was a bit disappointed with the products, I cancelled. There is something really nice about a pretty box arriving once a month full of goodies, it does feel a treat and it’s always nice to try different products, but in the end I decided I would rather spend that money on a couple of items I actually wanted!
However, I recently stumbled across a box from QVC that doesn’t require you to sign up to a subscription, you can just buy it whenever you fancy what’s in it which I thought was brilliant. It costs £20 and there is free delivery.
I’ve been buying beauty products from QVC for a long time now as they offer you the opportunity to return them even if you’ve tried them so you can feel confident you aren’t going to waste money on things that don’t work for you. Beauty products are such personal things, what works for one person may not work for you and I dread to think how much money I’ve wasted on make-up and skincare products that I haven’t got on with!
So in my Fourth Edition Tili Beauty Box there was:
- 1 x Alpha-H Liquid Rose Gold (50ml) – A limited edition of their bestselling formula Liquid Gold, which is a glycolic acid base with botanicals including rose, sacred lotus and orchid petal.
Apparently designed to be a gentler and calming version of the original resurfacing and brightening formula, the treatment exfoliates away dead skin cells while you sleep and helps to improve the appearance of lines and enlarged pores.
This stuff smells so lovely and feels gentle on the skin, you’re meant to use it every other day so I will be really interested to see what the results are over the next couple of weeks.
- 1 x OPI Fiji Collection Nail Polish (15ml) – from the new spring/summer 17 Fiji collection.
I had seen this collection online and was really hoping I would get the lavender, blue or teal shade but I ended up with the coral! That’s one of the downsides to beauty boxes, you don’t get the choices of colours but it’s a good sized bottle and in a little box I’m actually going to keep it sealed and give it to one of my friends.
- 1 x Vita Liberata 10 Minute Tan (20ml)
This self-tan lotion can apparently be washed off after just 10 minutes, and then develops into an “odour-free and transfer-resistant tan within four to six hours”.
I used this for the first time last night – it has a guide colour and smooths on really easily – it felt very strange to have to wash my face after 10 minutes as normally I’m trying to avoid my face or body getting wet once I’ve applied fake tan! So I actually waited 20 minutes and then very gently wiped my face and neck with a wet cloth…… and I have a golden, smooth and natural looking tan this morning! I say natural looking, because I am so fair it’s very slightly too warm for me, but for anyone who is anything other than frighteningly pale it would be great I’m sure 😉 The colour reminds me of the Fake Bake range.
- 1 x Erno Laszlo Cleansing Oil and Cleansing Bar (15ml and 17g) – a premium double-cleanse regime.
You apply the oil on dry skin and massage it in to start dissolving your make up, you then wet the bar and rub into a lather, then add that to your face and mix it in with the oil and wash everything off. The oil is really nice, there isn’t a strong smell and it’s very effective at dissolving make up but the bar doesn’t foam up very much and I felt like didn’t really do anything. So this isn’t a product I would go out and buy but it was really nice to try a unique system like that!
- 1 x It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream (4ml) in medium – a pigmented CC cream formula that is enriched with hydrolysed collagen, peptides, niacin, hyaluronic acid and vitamins A, B, C and E.
- This is the one product that really swayed me to buy the box because I’ve wanted to try it for ages, it has such great reviews and it has SPF 15 it which would be brilliant to me because of the amount of travelling I do. But it’s £30 plus delivery and I really didn’t want to spend that amount of money without knowing whether it was any good for my skin!
- The medium colour which came is ok for the summer months, slightly too yellow so I need to blend it down my neck, but the actual formula is so, so smooth! I don’t know how they do it but it definitely is a bit of a miracle worker in terms of skin texture. The coverage is that of a light foundation – I would say it is very comparable to my Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation in terms of the effect on the skin, it’s probably a little bit smoother actually but it doesn’t give quite as much coverage – and that’s where this product possibly falls down for me, because it’s the same price as my foundation. I would expect CC cream to cost less and use it for general day-to-day wear if I’m not doing anything special, so although I would really love to buy a full size tube, I just don’t know I can justify the price.
- 1 x Julien Farel Vitamin Shampoo (50ml) – for weakened or damaged hair & 1 x Julien Farel Vitamin Conditioner (50ml).
- This shampoo is meant to be rich and is designed to cleanse your hair without stripping away natural oils which sounds great because I have naturally very dry hair even before I start bleaching it! I haven’t tried this yet but it’s a decent sized tube so I should be able to get a few uses out of it.
- The conditioner is described as lightweight so it may well not be powerful enough are me but is meant to deliver hydration and improve manageability .
- 1 x Ultrasun Face SPF30 (25ml) – this is billed as a lightweight once-a-day, fast-absorbing formula that is ideal for very sensitive skin.
- This is another reason I was keen to get the box because I usually use a Clarins facial SPF when I go away but it would be nice to try something else-having said that, I really would be looking for an SPF 50 in a facial product so it’s unlikely I would buy a full size tube of this, but handy little cheap travel!
- 1 x Benefit Roller Lash (3g) – water-resistant formula, designed to curl and lengthen lashes.
- I already use this and have done for quite a while now. I love collecting mini mascaras so this will be going in my hand luggage when I go away in September!
- 1 x Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (30ml) with muslin cloth – a botanical cream cleanser which also exfoliates when used with the face cloth.
- I’ve used this product before and really like it, although I find their muslin cloth is quite rough on the skin so I won’t be using that. A decent size tube and I will definitely be using this- it’s particularly nice in the summer months when you are hot as it has eucalyptus in it which feels really refreshing!
So overall I think this was a really brilliant beauty box and very good value given the size and quality of products that are in it.
It also came in a really sturdy box which I will be able to re-use for something.
Because QVC work with so many premium skincare brands, it obviously allows them to put not only a good range of products in the boxes but also generously sized amounts of each which is fabulous.
I will definitely be buying one again in the future and I love that I can pick and choose to buy whichever month’s box has things in it that I actually want to try with no ongoing commitment.
This box is still available and they do sell out, so if you are interested in trying one get it quick!