Happy Christmas everybody – I have 3 delicious & easy, festive coffee recipes for you AND my Christmas present to you at the bottom of this post!
I’m a big fan of coffee all year round, but there’s something extra nice about making spiced coffees at Christmas, so I’ve put together a post with my 3 favourites – one for any time, one for Christmas Eve and an extra special one for Christmas Day that I’m obsessed with and have been making non-stop!
Frothy Mocha Cappuccino:
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp strong instant coffee + 1 cup boiling water or 1 cup fresh espresso coffee
- Warm milk to taste
- Optional milk for frothing
Put your vanilla, cinnamon, cocoa powder and coffee granules into a cup and add boiling water.
Add your warm milk till it’s your desired strength of coffee, then I like to froth the remaining milk with a handheld little gadget I have from Lakeland.
Spoon that onto your coffee and top it with some chocolate powder, or as it’s this festive time I used an edible gold glitter!
Super Simple and Delicious – Baileys Liquor Latte
- 50ml Baileys Liquor
- 1 Cup Hot Milk
- 1 Heaped tsp coffee or 1 shot fresh espresso
- Optional – if you want to be extra naughty, putting a scoop of vanilla ice cream onto the top of your coffee is absolutely divine!
Super simple – warm your milk, put your Baileys and coffee into a latte glass, pour in your milk and give it a good stir.
* Add squirty cream, chocolate flakes or vanilla ice cream on top for an extra treat!
A Special, Indulgent Spiced Coffee!
To make in a machine or cafetiere:
This decadent recipe is perfect for Christmas Day morning or after lunch as it spreads the most amazing smell throughout the house!
You would think from the recipe it may be overpowering but it really isnt…
- 1 cup freshly ground coffee
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 heaped tsp sugar
- 5 tsps ground cardamom (I only used 3 because cardamom isn’t my favourite flavour and it was perfect for me)
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 7 cups water – or max depending on your coffee machine, 7 cups fitted perfectly in my Ninja which is 1.35L
- 3⁄4cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon brandy
Put the ground coffee, cardamom, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl and mix together gently then pour it into your coffee filter.
Add water to the coffee maker and brew – this recipe makes around 6 cups/a full jug.
Using an electric mixer, beat the whipping cream in a large bowl to soft peaks.
Add the powdered sugar and brandy, beat again to peaks.
Pour your coffees, add milk to taste then garnish each cup with a dollop of the whipped cream and serve immediately – amazing!
Original recipe I adapted: http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/spiced-christmas-coffee-268575
If all that sounds like too much bother, there are some lovely flavoured, instant and ground coffees around:
MY PRESSIE TO YOU IS BELOW!
Click to Download this cute and festive phone wallpaper:
This will be my last blog until New Year’s Eve so I hope you all have an amazing Christmas with your friends and families.
Thank you so much for your support in reading my blog over the past year, I’m really excited to see what 2018 brings….
Find me on Pinterest!